Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Heart Hoot.

My new crafting project has been named Hoot. These are the photos from start to finish and all the stages in between.
This morning we decided to make a new and very cute soft toy. First step... choosing fabrics and making pattern. I have never used a sewing machine before and I thought that today would be a good day to learn. My Grandmother kindly let me sew the straight lines to start out.

When we had the front and back ready, I then added some rick-rack braid and lace.
I then added some crochet eyes and a little gold heart (of course).

After adding a flower button, button eyes and lace wings, we sewed the pieces together.
 
Then I had a fun time trying not to make a mess while filling her with cotton stuffing.
Many hours of work later, I finally had the finished product, Cute Hoot.
Hand sewn on her back is a lace butterfly and another gold heart.
I was very happy when Cute Hoot was finally finished and I hope you are too.

3 comments:

  1. You must be having such a good time with your Grandma, I'll bet you won't want to go home!
    I love your blog - it is much more creative than a lot of blogs created by people older than you (including mine ;- )

    ReplyDelete